"Gran Faena" began in 2016, when three great friends received the invitation to a project where we would support local farmers to market their products abroad.
Along the way of that great project we find businessmen interested in buying tequila and seeing an opportunity we decided to start learning more about this wonderful 100% Mexican identity drink.
It was in Jalisco, Mexico where we understood how agave crops are grown and cared for, we heard from the producers the long tasks they must perform daily for seven years in their crops to obtain agave at the point of maturity and exact quality for their process.
Today we honor this great task with this great tequila as an exceptional story of passion, talent and effort in each and every link in its elaboration.
In Casa Gran Faena we are inspired by the traditional art of making tequila together with an innovative and sustainable process, which in addition to helping us preserve our blue agaves and the environment, allows us to obtain an exceptional and refined tequila.
1. We prepare the lands to continue with the plantation of hijuelos. Our lands are in Guanajuato and in the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. Land recognized for its rich nutrients, ideal for the growth and harvesting of optimal agaves.
2. Daily for 7 years with pride our producers they carry out long tasks in the field taking care of the health and quality in our agaves until they reach maturity and desired quality.
3. We carefully select the finest Blue Weber agaves and with the immeasurable effort of the jimadores, the leaves are cut with a sharp coa leaving only the pineapple ready to go to our factory.
4. Delicate extraction is done in traditional mills and one cooking for 16 hours in ovens.
5. Our refined flavor is thanks to an oenological yeast which is Casa Gran Faena's speciality and the fermentation process is performed for 72 hours.
6. We use a multiple distillation that allows reducing strong notes of alcohol by savoring our tequila and our filtration system manages to give you those silver nuances that enhance to the view exceptionally.
7. The packaging is done manually and by hand, taking care every final detail with delicacy.